Friday, March 31, 2006

Citizen of the world

I was reading an article in a local magazine, some time ago and that was the time when I had an epiphany (ya right!!). The article was about globalization advantages and disadvantages. Who agrees with that & who disagrees. Of course I won’t right about globalization and most certainly I will not get in to what is right & what is wrong, who benefits & who looses from that. All I want to say is the reason I started blogging … My good friend clou once told me that “you have to check everything before you decide” and that’s what I did. I spend a lot of time surfing in the blogg–o- sphere and what I got out of that is the feeling I’d like to share. My own globalization!!! I’d like to know if a guy from the other side of the world shares my feeling, my thoughts and my anxieties.
Is a guy in Argentina facing a parking problem when he comes from work every day? How about a guy in Australia, does he have his neighbors systematically having the music loud when you trying to put the baby to sleep. Is the milk price sky-high in Belgium? Does the mayor of a city in Spain promises something before he got elected and when he does you never see him again? How are the hospitals in Mexico? Are the Brazilians concerned about the diminishing of Amazon’s forest? Do citizens in Slovakia spends 2 hours in a civil service for something very simple? How much does it take for somebody in Japan to go to work every day? How the children in the US behave with all these violence cartoon they’re always watching? These are only a small part of what I’d like to know from my fellow citizens of the world. Do they have the same thoughts?

1 comment:

philos said...

I think that the people with the comfort to sit in an office and write down their concerns and thoughts are everywhere the same. I mean that they will share more or less the same thoughts or concerns under a little different point of view.
What I observe from my own wandering in the net, is that people from different countries have different priorities and different methods of acting in their daily activities and problems.